The School of Nursing is an Integral unit of the Vocational Nurses Training Center ,Rathmalana, Sri Lanka, in Accord with the Training Commission under the Health Act , provides a Quality Education. The School of Nursing Further Subscribes to the Educate and train Nursing Professionals Required by the fast growing Privet Hospital Industry in Sri Lanka.
The Mission of the School of Nursing is to offer Nursing and Assistant Nursing Programs that prepare Students as Generalists in Professional Nursing, as Nursing Educators, & as Leaders/Managers for Diverse Healthcare Settings. As such, the school provides high Quality, Student-Centered Learning Environments that Utilize Technological Innovation and Promote Critical Thinking. The school Supports Faculty & student scholarly activities and Encourages Lifelong Learning. The School also fosters Service to others through our extensive Community and Regional Collaboration with External Healthcare Stakeholders.
VNTC was Established in 1992
The Vocational Nurses Training Center have Identified Six Goals known as Strategic priorities, which are as follows:
1. Believing in the primacy of student learning, we will continue to develop high quality learning Environments Both in and outside of the Classroom.
2. Believing in the importance of Faculty and Staff and their Role in Student success, we will Continue to Invest in Faculty and Staff Development.
3. Believing in the value of the wise use of new technologies in learning and teaching, we will continue to provide the technology, the related training, and the support needed to create high quality learning environments both in and outside of the classroom.
4. Believing in the value of service to others, we will continue to serve the educational, cultural, and economic needs of Sri Lanka.
5. Believing that we are accountable to the people of the Sri Lanka, we will continue to diversify our sources of revenue and manage the resources entrusted to us.
6. Believing that each generation owes something to those that follow, we will create Environmentally literate Citizens who Embrace Sustainability as a way of living. We will be wise stewards of scarce resources and, in seeking to Develop the whole person, be aware that our individual and collective actions have economic, social, and environmental consequences locally, regionally, and globally.
Objectives for the Students
The Students Will:
1. Apply the nursing process and professional standards of care in nursing practice.
2. Use scientific knowledge, research, and nursing theory as the basis for professional nursing practice.
3. Apply knowledge of the changing health care delivery system in fostering the health of diverse persons in their environments.
4. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
5. Apply leadership/management concepts in multiple settings and professional roles.
6. Be an active participant for change within the health care delivery system.
As Sri Lanka envisages an unprecedented economic growth in every sphere through the accelerated Development programmers, every citizen who wishes to contribute towards these programmers should be fully equipped intellectually and academically to face the challenges and successfully enter the development process and procure lucrative employment. The vision of the Nursing school of Vocational Nurses Training Center (VNTC) is to train both Gender to Develop their Nursing Training in the proper direction
The history of Nursing school of Vocational Nurses Training Center runs back to 1992, It was the first leading institute to use state of the art teaching methods and technology train private nursing professionals In Sri Lanka. Since then Nursing school of Vocational Nurses Training Center has been offering theoretical and practical training through a full range of Nursing Programs.
During this brief period of time Nursing school of Vocational Nurses Training Center has developed into 2 Training Centers in Sri Lanka . We have conducted a number of Seminars and Workshops, Undertakings to Develop the Quality of Education in the country in keeping with the modern trends of developed countries.
During This Years, Nursing school of Vocational Nurses Training Center has become the seat of learning for High Quality Training in Privet Nursing Professionals, Holding Distinguished Positions, who continue to practice in Sri Lanka and abroad . The Nursing school of Vocational Nurses Training Center is constantly in the process of evolving unique formulae to upgrade training standards and keep pace with the new century state of the art.
As Director General, I am proud of the record and achievement of Nursing school of Vocational Nurses Training Center, and also, dedicated to its continued commitment to upgrade standards in educational training and skills Development .
Registration & Admission fees: Rs.5000/=
Monthly fees: Rs.4000/=
Vocational Nurses Training Center
#44 Devananda Road, Nawinna, Maharagama. Sri Lanka.
Tel +94 11 4960194, 4992025
Hotline +94 - 0718 741-741